Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Vegetarian to Vegan

Today I start my my month long vegan venture. Good bye sushi and eggs =[ Actually, I am going to be fine. I found an ice cream place yesterday, Rita's, that has dairy free italian ice which makes summer much more enjoyable now.

After actually thinking about what I will be eating and...not eating throughout the month, I realized bread will be a problem. I don't normally eat a lot of bread since I don't make sandwhiches really, but I do eat PB toast pretty much as my go-to everything meal. Drunk snack, breakfast, lunch, treat..and I can't imagine my life without it. I was down in the Clintonville area and decided to stop by the Clintonville Community Market. I found multiple bread options that were vegan. I decided upon Ezekial sprouted 100% whole grain bread. It is located in the freezer section of the natural departments in many grocery stores. It is made from sprouted whole grains and is a flourless, organic, complete source of protein. It tastes amazing so I definitely recommend it!


I ate some for my first official vegan meal this morning. Delish!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going vegan and just found your blog! Rudi's Organic English Muffins are Vegan and delicious. And, if you haven't been there, PattyCakes Bakery on N.High b/t Short North and Clintonville has the best vegan baked goods. I went this weekend for yummy peanut butter cookies :)

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey

    Your story sounds just like mine. I've been vegetarian for about a year now and am going vegan for this month.

    I haven't tried the English Muffins, but I will now..I can't imagine my life without them. Also, I couldn't agree more about the peanut butter cookies at Pattycake! I've been going there for the past few years whenever I get the chance! I might stop by today actually!

    Thanks for the add and good luck with things!

    ReplyDelete