Friday, May 14, 2010

Northstar Cafe

Northstar Cafe, located in the Short North in Columbus is my all-time favorite restaurant. They classify their food as "New American Cuisine with a healthful influence on organic ingredients." I have only been there for dinner, but they also serve a brunch that I have heard is AMAZING! This is a staple restaurant my dad and I always go to when I am in town. He is not generally into the "organic" movement, but he really likes Northstar.
There are many menu options Menu that are vegetarian and about half of the menu can be prepared meat and dairy free! Although Tuesday, when I went, I ordered the Buddha Bowl (organic tofu, long grain brown rice with peanut sauce and bright veggies) vegan, and they said the peanut sauce has honey in it. I had it anyway..because..it's not june yet.

Every time I come, I get a rice bowl,and I have tried them all. I can't get the Korma Bowl any more because it comes with a curry cream sauce (which is to die for by the way). But the square meal is delicious as well. The rice/bean/avocado mix makes it so creamy!

My dad, is more adventurous than me when ordering but now he usually sticks with the flatbread pizzas. Tuesday, he ordered a veggie flatbread. It was sooo good but..not vegan with the cheese =[ . If you are ever in Columbus and are looking for a healthy restaurant with a great atmosphere in the heart of downtown, check out Northstar! Guaranteed you will love it!The best news of all....NORTHSTAR WILL BE OPENING AT EASTON THIS FALL!!! YAY for healthy lunch during a day of shopping!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you did a post about North Star! I looooved it when you took me there! I can't wait to hear about more vegan places in Columbus as you continue the blog! I read about a traveling vegan hot dog stand...have you heard of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of it, but i'm not really a big fan of hot dogs so I haven't tried it out. I've heard good things about it though!

    ReplyDelete