Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 21..and feeling better than ever!

So I officially suck at blogging. I have been vegan for 3 weeks now and have only blogged about it one time. Well things have been going great! I feel awesome..so much energy all the time and I feel like my skin is more hydrated..this could also be that its been so hot out so I've been drinking water non stop. In fact, I feel so amazing that I'm seriously considering sticking with veganism for another month. The only time I have really had problems was last week. I took a week-long road trip through Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, and Michigan. Finding vegan options while sight seeing..not the easiest thing I've ever done. Hersey, PA was no doubt the hardest. A milk chocolate laboratory; I was able to create my own chocolate bar....and then not be able to eat it! =[ Then, eating lunch there, I had a terrible salad with more onions than lettuce on it. If it wasnt for the beans I brought on the trip..I would have eaten shitty salads for a week. Well that may be an exaggeration. I found a vegan mexican restaurant in Lancaster, PA had a great black bean burger from Cincinnati at a vegan/ raw food restaurant called Loving Cafe and devoured both an edamame taco and a portabella mushroom taco at Tios Mexican Cafe in Ann Arbor, Michigan. But now, my traveling adventures have ended and I am home eating normal.

Today, I decided I should probably do some grocery shopping. Oh Trader Joes...how I adore your many aisles of delicious grocery options. I was starving at 10:45 when I went so I thought I should just get a little snack to hold me over until lunch. So I came across a Pure Bar.

It is certified organic, gluten free, raw and vegan. It also has a full serving of fruit, a source of organic protein, rich in omega-3s and a good source of fiber. I was in chocolate heaven..and I dont really care much for sweets. I recommend trying this out if you ever come across the Pure bar. There are also 5 other flavors: Wildberry, Trial Mix, Cranberry Orange, Cherry Cashew, and Apple Cinnamon. I can't wait to go back and buy a full box of them. Also, there is a coupon you can print out for them on their website.

More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment